I was born in Chicago, Illinois and came to North Carolina at age 18 as a US Marine. I spent much of my Marine Corps career in Eastern North Carolina at Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point.
While none of us can pick where we are born, we all have the choice of where we live. I chose to live in North Carolina when I retired in 1995 from the USMC. I love North Carolina, to include the geography, the people, and the lifestyle. This is why I am involved in what is going on here, both in my community and in the State. I love North Carolina, and because I believe that America is still the ‘shining city upon a hill’, I believe that North Carolina is one of the diamonds that make that ‘city’ shine.
I am married to the former Hazel Bradley of Bridgeview, Illinois. We celebrated forty-two years of marriage on April 6, 2016. We have two wonderful children and eight grandchildren. We own a home in Stately Pines.
I am a Christian, a conservative, and a patriot. I believe in the original intent of the US Constitution, and I study the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence continually.
I believe in the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and that these rights are given to us by our Creator. The right to self-defense is an inalienable right, and the necessity to keep and bear arms is an integral part of this right.
I am loyal to the Constitution, and any abrogation of this document is an affront on our liberties. I will continue to oppose any legislation that I believe contradicts the State and US Constitutions.
I have given away hundreds of pocket Constitutions in an effort to get my fellow Americans to read and understand the Supreme Law of the Land and their rights as free citizens. I continue to give them away, as I have done for several years. If you would like a copy, please contact me with your mailing address.
- Charter Member and former Director of The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA) Chapter 92
- Former Chairman of the Craven County Republican Party
- Former Chairman of the Coastal Carolina Taxpayer’s Association (CCTA) I was the driving force to establish this organization from the remnants of the Craven County Taxpayer’s Association, which had not met in several years
- Graduate Fellow of the North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership (IOPL)
- Graduate of Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- Former American Red Cross Standard First Aid Instructor
- I have an Associate in Applied Sciences in Business Management/Operations Management
- Former reader for the Radio Reading Service of Eastern North Carolina
- Life member of the National Rifle Association (NRA)